STARTS: April 24th, immediately after the 2 PM PDT ceasefire
ENDS: April 27th, immediately before the 2 PM PDT ceasefire
What is the Battle of Tukayyid?
In BattleTech lore, the Battle of Tukayyid was a massive campaign that pit the combined forces of the invading Clans against the entirety of the Inner Sphere.
As the sole governing body of Terra - recognized by Clan and Inner Sphere alike as the jewel of the Inner Sphere - ComStar challenged the Clan forces to a 'batchall': a ritualistic trial of combat which the honor-bound Clans would not refuse. To prevent the total devastation of Terra and its unparalleled industrial infrastructure, it was agreed that the ultimate battle would instead take place on the remote agricultural world of Tukayyid.
If the Clans achieved victory under the stated terms, they would claim Terra without ever needing to step foot on its soil. If the Inner Sphere forces were able to hold the line at Tukayyid, the Clans would agree to a 15-year truce.
When the dust had settled, the Battle of Tukayyid had become the single largest engagement in the history of ‘Mech warfare, and brought an end to the Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere.
The Battle of Tukayyid is the first major event in the MechWarrior Online Community Warfare Beta phase.
For the victor, the spoils of this battle will be significant. For the loser, there are still rewards to be gained even in defeat.
Whatever the result, there will be much honor to claim for Clan and Inner Sphere alike, and the names of the mighty will live on for all to see.
Who among you has the will and strength to lay claim over the Inner Sphere?
The Main Event
- Tukayyid will be the sole battleground for the duration of the event. No other planets will be up for contention.
- The planet will be comprised of 63 Zones.
- The battle will commence with all 63 of those Zones under control of the Inner Sphere Houses.
- The goal for the Clans is to seize control of over 50% of those 63 Zones by the end of the event.
- The goal for the Inner Sphere is to maintain control of over 50% of those 63 Zones by the end of the event.
- The game modes will alternate between Invasion and Counter Attack, but which mode you play will depend on the timing of your drop.
Along with the Primary Goal of winning control over Tukayyid we will also have Leaderboards, both for the Top Factions on each side and for the Top Units of each Faction.
There will also be a Personal Challenge, which will require that players achieve a minimum Match Score while participating in Battle of Tukayyid matches.
Specific details on the Personal Challenge conditions will be provided closer to the start of the event.
We have created 38 in-game Banner Cockpit Items for the Main Event and Leaderboards.
For the Personal Challenge there will be additional participation prizes available, such as XP, C-bills, Consumables, and more.
How you will prepare for the Battle of Tukayyid
- You or your Unit must sign a Contract with the Clan or Inner Sphere Faction of your choice in order to participate in this Event.
- If your Contract period expires naturally during the event, starting a new Contract with a different Faction will contribute any newly-acquired points to the Leaderboard of whichever Faction you decided to forge a new alliance with.
- As of April 21st, the cooldown period for breaking a Contract will be 72 hours. You will thus remain aligned to your previously-contracted Faction for the duration of that 72 hours, and you will still be able to fight for that Faction.
However, you will not be able to start a new Contract until that 72 hour cooldown period has expired.
- If you want to remain with the same Faction for the duration of the event, you must either ensure that your contract does not expire during the event, or you must ensure that you start a new Contract with the same Faction.
- If you want to switch Factions in time for the Battle of Tukayyid, you must ensure that you give yourself enough time for the cooldown period to expire.
- A match must end before 2PM PDT on April 27th in order to qualify as a Battle of Tukayyid match.
- Matches that are still ongoing after the 2PM PDT cutoff period will not qualify.